Twitter is a social media platform which allows users to publish less than 140 characters message called as, “Tweet”.
Just Like the other social media websites, you can make friends by following the users, you can retweet or mark his/her tweet as favorite. The retweet and favorite options are public and can be viewed by anyone. In case, you want to have a private conversation with anyone, you need to use messaging option (both users need to follow each other).
Twitter is popular among its users because it gives you quick and short view of news, trending news, live events and feedback. You just need to follow the key people, For Example- If you are interested in football news, just follow some of the journalist who covers the match news. It also gives you the comfort of getting all the important news related to your interest.
The best feature twitter has is, “Twitter Trend”. It has become a matter of pride to be featured in Trends. Internet Marketers work for days to trend something globally. It gives you immense exposure if you can trend on twitter.The best thing about twitter trends is that it gives you the unbiased opinion of the trending matter. For Example – If #RonaldoVsMessi is trending on twitter then you’ll definitely get some kick ass humorous tweet from both followers.
Twitter is also used as a platform to announce the news products, new ventures or anything related to the company by the major companies. Twitter is also popular for its user engagement as it involves the both the participating party. You just need to add @twittername with the message and a notification will be sent to the other person.
Marketing with Twitter: A General Overview
Twitter is a wonderful platform to introduce your products, getting new customers, getting clients, launching new products and even increasing sales.
Finding Potential Customers
Let’s understand this with an example, A customer post a review of the product he recently purchased from an online store on twitter. Unfortunately, the product didn’t do well as he expected. Now its your turn to grab the opportunity and present your product in front of him (In case, you offer same product). Don’t start sending the promotional messages to the person, just send him/her a review product or offer his the price that he can’t ignore.
Get Opinion from the Experts
Suppose you put hard work on an article about link building and the post didn’t do well in search engine. Now you need to find out the reason it happened. You need to send the link of the post to the content marketing specialist and ask gently that why my post didn’t to well. You might get a few response from the expert with some detail insight on what went wrong.
Twitter marketing is all about engaging the audience since it is a 2 way engagement, between the marketer and owner, it must involve some post that attracts the business owner’s attraction.
21 Ways to Use Twitter more Effectively
To be very honest, twitter didn’t attract me when I signed up for a twitter account. I found it just like an internet messenger but things have changed now, it has turned into a wonderful platform for the opportunist, job seekers, marketers, business owners and many more…
Twitter can be used in plenty of way so We at TechAmiable have collected few of the most beneficial things you can do with twitter with a quick summary.
- Introduce your Brand and Yourself. Twitter is an excellent platform for promoting your company, product, website. It also helps in creating your personal brand. Twitter is extraordinary in terms of getting attention and creating buzz about anything. Twitter has the power of creating buzz, news and controversies with only 140 characters.
- Get Recognized by Experts. It just take one viral post to make your popular in Blogging World. If you have created a unique piece of content then pull your socks up and promote it on social media,twitter. Try to get ReTweets from experts, and that’s enough to gain good number of followers and get recognition from the expert.
- Get Expert Feedback. Need to ask something about Internet Marketing or anything? Twitter has millions of users from each and every industry. Suppose, you wrote an article about On Page Optimization and want the feedback from expert, Just collect few twitter IDs of influential or expert people and send them the tweet. Make sure you do not spam, just ask gently and get feedback.
- Manpower Recruiting. Twitter is widely used by recruiting agencies for recruiting the people. You can ask for references or directly reach the candidate with a mere message.
- Get Visitors to your Site. Twitter can fetch you plenty of traffic if used properly. For example, you write an article about finance and then reach out to influencers in your niche to get a retweet. If someone who has a good following on twitter retweeets your tweet then you’ll definitely get some direct traffic to your site. In case you achieve to create some buzz about your article and it start to trend, then you’ll get a hell lot of traffic from it.
- Get Unique and Popular Ideas to write post. Twitter is wonderful in term of researching the new topic. Website like Topsy helps you in understanding the article which got most twitter in past. It gives you an idea that what article is bound to get more attention of the users.
- Meet Like Minded People. Twitter is an extremely helpful social media platform to meet with the people of same industry and interest. You can follow any number of people. People often tweet with website links, interesting articles and images. So, you get all the trending news from around the world. You can retweet the tweet. but make sure that you don’t overdo it as it might get you in twitter jail.
- Create your Twitter Network . Twitter is widely used as a platform to meet and interact with the other people with similar business needs. It helps in creating future business collaboration.
- Reach to your Customers. Twitter feed is an excellent tool to notify your customers or user about any new update or product. Uers can subscribe via to Feed via Mobile or RSS for quick notification. Twitter is also used for providing updates, new product arrival or any important notification.
- Listen to Music via Twitter – Twitter allows you to listen your favorite tracks while you are working. You can create your playlist and share the songs you are listening with your friends.
- Record Anything. Twitter also enables you to record important meetings, ideas and website links for future use. If you come across a good article that you think might benefit you in future, you can easily favorite it.
- Find Clients and Customers. This one is big. From Last few years, Digital Marketing Experts are using twitter very effectively to find the customer and clients. Twitter search works very well to find the anything you want. You just need to type a good keyword on twitter, and follow the users, business and companies. Now, you can directly reach to them or tweet something interesting and relevant to get their attention.
- Event and Live Coverage. Businesses are doing this in each and every event they take part. It has become a question of pride to come in twitter trends. For Example – You are launching an event with thousands of participants and audience. You ask them to tweet using #yourbusinessname or #anynewproduct. If it comes well, you’ll get plenty of media attention and most importantly, people not present there can also see the what’s going on at the live coverage.
- Set Up Formal and Casual Meetings. Close to 50% of the US Citizen are on Twitter and nearly 2/3 regularly updates it. So, twitter is also helpful in organizing casual meeting. Suppose, you need to meet your friend or business partner urgently, you just need to message them about the place and timing and you are done.
- Promote your Content and Get Votes. Send you Digg, StumbledUpon and Reddit stories to your twitter followers and get valuable votes. If you are participating in a contents and need votes to move forward, twitter comes very handy in this situation.
- Brand your #Hashtags. Hashtags is very popular and other social media platforms are also using it. It is very helpful in making phrase and words searchable. Just put # at the beginning of the word, say your brand name like #TechAmiable and it will help you in searching and creating trend.
- Get Quick Response for Expert Roundup – See this post,Richard needed to reach out to some SEO Experts, and he contacted them via twitter and It worked. He got quick responses from the experts, and he used it in his awesome blog post.
- Find Sales Prospects. With over 600 Million users and over 500 million tweets per day, we can definitely find our sales prospects. It’s just about reaching to the right users and using your creativity while searching.
- Create authentic Following. Amazon has a great following on twitter, so as soon as they tweet about some new product or new offer, people grab the deals with both ends. The link in the tweet takes them to the exact landing page from where they can buy the product.
- Twitter Targeting Ads – Like Google and Facebook, twitter also has the option of advertising your product. It can be used to create awareness about your product.
- Interacting with Experts – For SEO’s and internet marketers, twitter is an excellent platform to find guest post opportunities, interacting with the fellow bloggers, asking question to experts and many more..
We hope that this post will give you some insight about twitter use and how to promote your website and brand on twitter. If you found this article helpful, please share it among your friends. We love to get feedback.