With Apple focusing more on its mobile offerings and iOS devices, the Mac’s app store is quite barren with only a handful of games being available. Popular games and especially endless runners on its other platforms almost never get ported over to OS X. Hence if you thought you could someday enjoy playing Temple Run 2 on your Macs, you are out of luck from Apple’s side. But a third party has apparently got your back – Bluestacks! It brings the ability to run Android apps and games on your Mac without dabbling into programming and complicated setup.
Read More: Dead Trigger 2 for PC
Temple Run 2 – A Refinement:
Being a sequel to the immensely popular Temple Run which started the age of endless runner games, the sequel does not change the formula too much. Instead it improves in certain areas and adds more details. So while in the previous game you were running away from a creature, after stealing an idol on stone pavements over marshes, you will be running on stone paths among the skies, sliding with gushing streams down or riding a rail cart on set or tracks, here too. The game gets faster (this is indeed counterintuitive as the character runs faster with time) and your instinctive reactions will be tested. The obstacles are similar – you can hit a low stone arch or a log or stones lying around or simply slip off the paths to your death. The controls are dead simple, you need to swipe up to jump, down to slide down, left and right for turns and tilt your device to make your character go leftwards or rightwards in the path. While running you can collect coins which will help you boost up your powers or avail head starts. There are other playable characters in the game which adds to the variety and at the end of each run, you will be awarded points and can see how much distance you have covered.
Temple Run 2 for Mac:
In order to enjoy the brilliant endless runner on your Mac, you will need Bluestacks. As the game is available for Android and Bluestacks can emulate the Android environment, you can easily run the game and with Google account you can also access Playstore to download from official sources.
Read More: Angry Birds Epic for PC
- Download the latest version of Bluestacks from this page!
- Once you install Bluestacks from the downloaded setup, launch the software from mission control.
- For the first time, you will be required to provide your preferences such as default language and setup your Google account. You can definitely use your Gmail user ID and password for this step.
- Once done, you will be at the homescreen. On the top search bar, type “Temple Run 2” and search for it.
- It will bring you straight to the playstore page of the game from where you need to click on the “Install” button to start the game installation.
- Once installed, come back to home screen and you will see the game’s icon. Click on it to launch the game.
You can use your keyboard to control the game and also setup which keys simulate the tilt controls within Bluestacks.