While we all enjoy reading books, there are moments when reading is not exactly practical. Busy public/commuter travel Or maybe Jogging? Such situations don’t really allow you to read something on the go. Audio books are best during these times. Audible is an audiobook player with access to thousands of audio books at your feet. But the Audible app is only available for smartphones and tablets. So you probably think that your Mac is left out in the cold. But such is not the case as you can actually use it on your Mac.
Read more: PicsArt for PC – Download For Free!
The audible app lets you access Audible’s huge collection of audio books (to be more precise in excess of 150,000). Books can be downloaded and read offline (meaning you don’t need an “always on” Internet connection) and can be shared between users through Wi-Fi. The app lets you navigate by chapters, add bookmarks, has a sleep mode and the narration speed can be adjusted to your liking. The audio books can be downloaded from Audible store. The books can be browsed as cover flow and downloaded books are listed in a vertically sorted list. The Audible online service also lets you keep a track of what you have read before and can also earn badges and various achievements. Audible also provides with news feed that informs you of the latest author events and upcoming titles. With such great audiobook software at hand, it is definitely worth a look as how to make Audible for Mac a reality.
Audible For Mac:
While Apple and Google have long locked horns to compete in the smartphone wars, it is Android that is going to help you out. How? We will be using the fact that the app is available for Android platform as well and run it on your Mac. The only software additionally that you will require is an Android simulator named Bluestacks. Bluestacks can not only create a whole Android environment inside your Mac but also lets you access Google’s playstore. Let us look at the steps involved.
Read more: Facebook Messenger for PC
- Download the latest Bluestacks setup for Mac and install it.
- On launching Bluestacks for first time, you will need to set your default language and also setup your Google account (to access Google playstore). To setup the account, you can create a new one or just using your existing Gmail user ID and passwords.
- Once done, you will land at the home screen. On the search bar at top, type “Audible” and search for it.
- It will take you to the Playstore page of the app and you will be required to click on the “Install” button.
- After the installation finishes, come back to the home screen and there you will see the app listed with icons.
- Click on the app to launch the it within Bluestacks!
That’s it! With these few easy steps, you will be able to listen to audio books on your Mac and also enjoy Audible’s excellent collection of audio books.