Infinite runners seems to be a craze these days and even our iconic Sonic, the hedgehog has made a jump to that format. But not all is rosy and the game Sonic Dash is only available on Android, iPhone and iPad – quite a disappointment indeed. While Windows users can swear by Universal apps that run on both Windows and Windows Phone, Mac has no such relief apparently. But there is always a way – we will see how Apple’s rival platform helps in achieving the impossible i.e. Sonic Dash for Mac.
Read More: Download Eternity Warriors For PC For Free!
Sonic Dash – Running On:
We are all familiar with Sonic as the iconic character and all other villains of the game. The game is an infinite runner i.e. you will be running as long as you can without an end and there is no traditional “beat the game” moment but only trying to beat your own records or your friends. The environment is modern and spruced up with sea and grass laden paths and even ability to make mega jumps. The main objective is to collect as many rings as possible while dodging the various obstacles and just like other runners, sonic always moves forward automatically.
Based on the “Seaside Hills” level of Sonic Heroes, the game does have IAPs which lets you customize the character and power ups. With every set of 3 objectives completed, you will increase your score multiplier. Red rings are special ones that enable you to purchase Tails, Knuckles, Blaze, Amy, Shadow, Silver, Cream and Rogue. There is also a boss battle with Zazz, the member of Deadly Six from Sonic Lost World. While some feel the IAPs ruin the experience, it is still a fantastic game to kill some time.
Having said that, it is now all the more necessary to explore how to get Sonic Dash up and running on your Mac.
Sonic Dash for Mac:
To run this game on your Mac, we will strangely be using the fact that it’s available on Android. How? Bluestacks is the answer! It is software that emulates the Android environment and lets you run apps and games and also access Google playstore. The steps are outlined below.
Read More: Dungeon Hunter 4 for PC – Free Download
- Download the latest Bluestacks setup for Mac and install it.
- Once done, launch the software. For the first time, you will need to set your preferences such as the default language. Next you will need to enter your Google account credentials (your Gmail ID and password will do) and this will enable playstore access.
- On the home screen, type “Sonic Dash” on the top search bar and search for it.
- On a successful search, Bluestacks will take you to the playstore page from where you need to click on the “Install” button.
- Once the installation finishes, go back to the home screen where you can see the game’s icon. Click on the icon to launch the game.
With these simple steps, you can enjoy a classic game in 3D on your Mac!